Is this how we actually meet our meat?

Publicado 14 de febrero de 2014 no picture Sachin Raaghav_GEMConnect_Chennai_India.

no picture Sachin Raaghav_GEMConnect_Chennai_India. Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 31 de enero de 2014

This is how a slaughterhouse looks like!

Nowadays we all think that there is a supply deficiency of food stocks, but surprisingly, and according to the statistics there is not much of a decline in the buffer stocks. These stocks mostly consist of wheat, pulses, rice and other crops. Fortunately as the population of non-vegetarians has been increasing, the consigned amount of these crops is less.

This is a paradoxical situation because the number of animals slaughtered has gone beyond the barriers. If the same situation continues, it may lead to the extinction of some of the animals. Statistically, 7 billion chickens are killed for their flesh each year, and 452 million hens are used for their eggs. 99% percent of these animals spend their lives in total confinement - from the moment they hatch until the day they are killed. 3,670,000 tonnes of beef were consumed in the U.S alone. Imagine other highly populated countries like China and India. Nowadays farmers prefer to do butchering as the income gained is more. This leads to solutions that can possibly alter this problem such as:

1) The encouragement of cloning of domestic animals. This increases the population of these animals.

2) Cultured meat also known as “Sch-meat.” This meat is made from extracting the stem cells which is later put into a cell culture medium where the multiplication of the cells takes place. The cells are coaxed to form collagen. Billions of these cells merge to form tissue and eventually meat. This technique can also be used to make leather. Therefore there is no harm to that particular animal in which the cells are extracted.

So instead of being cruel by slaughtering these innocent animals, the above methods can at-least bring out a new change of consuming meat.

GEM GEM Food Security crops animals