Let us breathe

Publicado 3 de junio de 2014 no picture Meron

no picture Meron Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 29 de mayo de 2014

World Environment Day is the United Nations principal vehicle for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the environment. Over the years it has grown to be a broad, global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated by stakeholders in over 100 countries. It is celebrated every year on June 5th to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and planet earth. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972.

The significance of this day is to promote awareness on the importance of preserving our biodiversity, the need to identify problems related to the environment, and ways to take corrective action. It was on this day, in 1972, that the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment was formed. First celebrated in 1973, World Environment Day, also popularly known as Environment Day, is a means to tackle environmental challenges that include climate change, global warming, disasters and conflicts, harmful substances, environmental governance, ecosystem management and resource efficiency.

We need a clean environment so we can live healthy lives and leave future generations to a healthy Earth. There have been changes in the environment in every time period, but the biggest and most negative changes are happening today. World Environment Day has received tremendous support from public, non-profit organizations and governments around the world. All activities of World Environment Day are to be carried out to spread eco-awareness and increase green footprints.

So what should our contribution be for creating a clean and healthy environment necessary for the protection of basic human rights?

There are several easy steps you can take to help create a clean environment and a healthier planet.

(1) The less waste we all create the better off the environment will be. Use less products that come from trees in your home and at work. If you can, make sure less trash leaves your home. The landfills will not be so overflowing for future generations.

(2) Another way to contribute to a clean environment is to take steps to get less junk mail so the papers don’t get sent to landfills.

It is easy to take steps to create a clean environment.

children youth developing countries UNICEF human rights Environment africa UN Ethiopia World Environment Day