MALALA DAY: JULY 12, 2013

Publicado 4 de junio de 2013 no picture Global Education First Initiative Youth Advocacy Group

no picture Global Education First Initiative Youth Advocacy Group Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 29 de mayo de 2013

Malala Yousafzai’s 16th birthday is July 12th and she is marking the day by giving her first public statement dedicated to the importance of education at the United Nations. Malala Day is not a day about Malala – it’s a day to see the real impact youth can have on education and call on global leaders to demand education for all.

On Malala Day, in support of the UN Global Education First Initiative, international young leaders will convene in NYC and in cities around the world to help reach the goal of having all children, especially girls, in school and learning by 2015. These leaders will present a resolution (which you can comment on below) to the UN that outlines their call to action.

Help us create The Youth Resolution: The Education We Want

The Youth Advocacy Group of the Global Education First Initiative is soliciting youth feedback on the draft of an outcomes document on education, which will be presented and read to UN member states on Malala Day.

Add your voice to the document via: Facebook or The World We Want

We’re closing comments on June 14th - so contribute today!

For updates, follow us on Twitter @GlobalEduFirst and @aworldatschool

© UNICEF/NYHQ2010-3118/Ahmed