Our Environment is the Future

Publicado 3 de junio de 2014 no picture Hanna G.

no picture Hanna G. Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 30 de mayo de 2014

World Environment Day

Environment is the sum total of what is around something or someone. It includes living things and natural forces. The environment of living things provide conditions for development and growth, as well as of danger and damage. It's everything that makes up our surroundings and affects our ability to live on the earth—the air we breathe, the water that covers most of the earth's surface, the plants and animals around us, and much more.

World Environment Day ('WED') is celebrated every year on June 5 to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1972 on the day that United Nations Conference on the Human Environment began. The first World Environment Day was celebrated in 1973. Since then it is hosted every year by a different city with a different theme. World environment day 2014 theme is "small island developing states or "SIDS"" Various resolution and pledges are being taken by Prime Ministers, chief ministers and Ministers of Environment on that day. They all indulge themselves with the commitment of taking care of the world environment. Taken pledges are then established as the base of environmental management and economic planning dealt by Government.

All of these things are a good opportunity to target the public, particularly those involved in public and private sector activities that have significant environmental impacts. For example, those in environmental education and awareness programs, to recognize the important role of the mass media and to formulate environmental awareness programs. However, the environment should not be the only concern of the day. We should be responsible for the environmental harm that our action may have brought into our day to day activities. Besides that, meetings held in environmental issues should be fruitful and decisions should be implemented to make positive changes.

Our environment is the future of our world. If it is not healthy, then we cannot think of taking a breath of peace!

human rights world Environment UN UNEP World Environment Day