Podcast #76: The right of indigenous people to education that’s appropriate to their culture is recognized. But is it realized?

Publicado 11 de junio de 2013 no picture

The right of indigenous people to education that is appropriate to their cultural methods of teaching and learning has been recognized and protected since the adoption of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in 2007. Almost seven years later, to what degree is this right realized?

In this 'Beyond School Books' episode, podcast moderator Rachel Bonham Carter talked to Grand Chief Edward John, North American Representative to the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues; Gabriele Papa, a senior high school student and secretary of the Salamanca High School Model United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues; and Krysta Williams, Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator for the Native Youth Sexual Health Network.

To listen to the podcast, please visit: http://www.educationandtransition.org/resources/podcast-76-the-right-of-indigenous-people-to-education-thats-appropriate-to-their-culture-is-recognized-but-is-it-realized/