Promoting Forest – Based Eduprises

Publicado 20 de febrero de 2014 no picture Achmad

no picture Achmad Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 9 de octubre de 2013

Planting 1

Planting 1

Forests have been conveniently able to conserve and preserve carbon. These roles and abilities of the stands of trees as carbon sink have helped to mitigate climate change. Nowadays, deforestation and forest degradation have threatened forests, notably tropical forests so that most NGOs have developed and evolved into fast programs addressing these problems.

IGaF is an NGO - based co-organization platform which has massively initiated massively environmental movements. An early initiative which has been the tremendous action by IGaF in responding to the above problems is the Forest – Based Eduprises.

This initiative was developed in February 2013 by IGaF standing members. The objectives of this initiative are to promote forest – based eduprises to children, youth and local communities and to educate them with the benefits of managing forests to the source of enterprises.

The kinds of enterprises which are promoted and educated to children, youth and local community are agrosilvopasture and biocomposite. In this program, there are three targeted objects which are children, youth and local communities. Why did we focus on these people?

1. Children: children are the indispensable human beings who will be the major actors on changing the environment of being better. From children, the message will be easily embedded in their thoughts and will be spread to the other children.

2. Youth: As we know, the future of the country depends on youth. Youth will be committed as agents of change. So the environmental education program will be in the hands of these agents if they are willing.

3. Local communities: Local communities are the objects of the program because from these people, the forest will be maintained well which is in accordance with their local indigenous.

The program has engaged at least 63 students from the elementary school of SD N Jambu 2. On the other hand, it also has implicated local communities that most of them work as woodworkers, heading to the local indigenous areas of Jepara’s wood carving.

Here we will elaborate the agenda drafted like the proposal. The agenda was classified into two sections. Of these sections, the most memorable action is by embracing elementary students to be involved in rehabilitating the abandoned lands. The children got together to be in dirty and muddy lands to plant some seedlings. With this hope, they harbored a will to conserve the environment and forest of being sustainable. Other activities are promoting the management of wood waste. The wood wastes were converted usefully into practical goods for furniture. It will be helpful in the future to mitigate the deforestation through using the alternative of wood such as agricultural wastes to substitute solid woods.

children youth Environment local community forests eduenterprises