The Environment- What Should We Do?

Publicado 25 de octubre de 2013 no picture Kriyana Reddy

no picture Kriyana Reddy Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 25 de junio de 2013

Taking Care of the Environment

The Current population of the United States is 311 million people. Consequently, the current world population is at 7 billion and counting. We’ve been hearing a lot about the car industry and the President’s affairs with GM but we should stop to think about the bigger picture for a moment---cars are just a single part of a much larger Earth. This Earth, one that we take for granted every day, has provided us with the necessities of life for nearly 4.6 billion years. Aside from our varying opinions about cars’ role in the economy, let us examine what exactly is becoming to the planet because of one giant aspect to life- anthropogenic pollution. That’s right, we inhabit the Earth and unintentionally, we are deteriorating it every day. There are alternatives to change this gray path we are on now, most of which can lead to cleaner air, brighter skies, and greener grass (and of course much more). Car companies should stop emphasizing luxury as much as they do now and put more emphasis on fuel efficiency. The money saved could go into advancements for hydroelectric cars for the average person in the US or an array of hybrid vehicles for the masses. Water wastage has become a greater problem as well. We can waste as much as 4 gallons of water if running the tap while brushing our teeth and nearly 95% of the water we use ‘goes down the drain’- no pun intended. The problem is, we keep viewing the “save the environment” speeches as part of a newer, modern green movement. In fact, it should not be a movement but rather a way of life that we should all take at least one step to follow. In the 1970’s, the environmentalist era of the ages took off with skyrocketing praise and approval for the cause. Now, we can’t afford to think of activists to do our job for us and expect to have our wishes granted. Instead, we must grab hold of this and take action. The condition of the Earth is changing every day and it seems it’s only for the worse. We can still change this and with a little hand-in-hand work, the Earth will be as ‘green’ as ever.

inspire kids activism Environment global empowerment you me change population pollution danger