UNICEF podcast: Ensuring human rights key to educating children in conflict zones

Publicado 11 de marzo de 2011 no picture

This year’s ‘Education for All’ Global Monitoring Report warns that armed conflict is robbing 28 million primary school aged children of their education. The comprehensive analysis – ‘The hidden crisis: Armed conflict and education – finds that wars and violence are taking an unprecedented toll on children’s access to education.

In the most recent addition to the “Beyond School Books’ podcast series, UNICEF Radio moderator Amy Costello spoke with Mary Robinson about children and schools in conflict-affected countries, and the need to prosecute those who commit human rights violations against children. Ms. Robinson, President of the Mary Robinson Foundation--Climate Justice and former President of Ireland, delivered remarks at the launch of this year's report.

To listen to the podcast, please visit: http://www.educationandtransition.org/resources/ensuring-human-rights-key-to-educating-children-in-conflict-zones/