United Nations: A New Special Representative for Youth will be appointed

Publicado 25 de enero de 2012 Avatar Amadou Moctar DIALLO

Avatar Amadou Moctar DIALLO Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 7 de marzo de 2011

In his remarks today to the General Assembly on his Five-Year Action Agenda: "The Future We Want", Secretary-General of the United Nations, Mr. Ban Ki-moon announces that he will appointment a new Special Representative for Youth.

He says: "Let us start with young people. Today we have the largest generation of young people the world has ever known. They are demanding their rights and a greater voice in economic and political life. We will do all we can to meet their needs and create opportunities. We will deepen our youth focus and develop an action plan across the full range of UN programmes, including employment, entrepreneurship, political participation, human rights, education and reproductive health. And I will appoint a new Special Representative for youth to develop and implement our agenda and spearhead a UN youth volunteers programme."

That announcement from UN Secretary-General is a proof that UN is ready to put youth at the heart of its agenda. The Organization should do more for young people by creating for example a UN Youth entity. Why not?