VOICES OF YOUTH ON AIR!

Publicado 10 de marzo de 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia Ver Perfil

Children and young people discussing the importance of freedom of expression at Pan African Radio, Lusaka, Zambia.

On 2nd March, 2014 children in Zambia joined the rest of the world in commemorating The International Childrens Day of Broadcasting. The International Children's Day of Broadcasting is observed every year in March and all over the world. It gives broadcasters the opportunity to use their media to benefit children. The children who are also participating in the 'Connect Programme' convened at community radio stations in Lusaka, Central and Copperbelt Provinces of Zambia to discuss cross-cutting issues affecting them and their communities. Lusaka Pan African Radio offered 9 hours of free radio airtime, while Flava Fm on the Copperbelt Province also offered 9 hours of free radio airtime to the pupils. The day was blended with debate, news, poetry, music and interviews- all vested in the capable hands of the vibrant young minds. By and large, the pupils have continued running radio talk shows in their respective communities in the aforementioned provinces.

radio Zambia young people Connect Lusaka voices oy youth copperbelt ICBD