What We Should Do to #EndViolence

Publicado 4 de octubre de 2013 Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli

Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 25 de julio de 2013

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmotivational-speakers-review.com%2Fkid-power%2F&h=0&w=0&sz=1&tbnid=qYUnuVgWMjLlGM&tbnh=219&tbnw=230&zoom=1&docid=3vPluGFHN_1s8M&hl=en&ei=r_BOUp65DcLKrAfRzoHwAg&ved=0CAIQsCU

If we watch the news on television, the news of violence is one of the most frequent type of news broadcast. Violence certainly constitutes an offense because it is harmful to others and even yourself. Various types of violence often occurs in the community, for example; a beating or bullying the other teenager, a husband slapping his wife, the people who attacked a burglar, a group of pickpockets who was shot by police and the worst is, the violence perpetrated by children aged 5-12 years against their friends.

This kind of violence is one of the most concerned violence. Because basically, children aren’t born to commit violence or activities that are harmful to others. A child can behave with violence because the social construction or the information and communication technology which surrounding our environment. Children are the best imitators. When they get a stimulus from outside, then they will easily imitate and practice what they’ve seen and heard.

Children are the next generation of human civilization on this earth, to create the life in a better world and then we as the youth should be very concerned about the development of children around us. Here are some ways that you should do to guide children to far from the violence.

1. Be the Good Examples in Acting and Behaving
Provide examples of good behavior towards the children, aren’t just the duty of their parents. Perhaps, a lot of young people thinking that the duty to control the children is the duty of their parents . But in fact, the duty to control and guide children to behave well is the responsibility of the whole society , especially those who have a close relationship with the child .
Starting from the way we speak to children, we need to speak in a low tone with a gentle gaze. Children can understand the seriousness of a person in a conversation with them through the eyes and tone of voice. While we give an advice to do the good things or to give warning to them when they do the wrong things, then we should bow our bodies, look at their face gently and speak with a low tone of voice. Convey the message or warning slowly and repetitive, so that they are able to digest and understand what we try to deliver.
Because they are a good imitator, you are forbidden to do violence in front of them. Whether it be verbal or nonverbal . As much as possible, you have to behave well in front of them . Children are easier to imitate an action through the practice than by the words. An easy way to teach them to be kind to other people or friends is to speak softly while having a conversation with another person, used "please" if you have a request for someone else and say "sorry" if you make a mistake .
We have to make sure, that the environment around the children also supports their self-development. If you have time to come and meet with the teachers who teach your sister , cousin or your niece, you can share the information about children's development . In this era, there are so many information and communication technology. It helps us participate in controlling and ensuring the children with whom to communicate , what language they use, is that appropriate words or not, and also the friends around them have to support children's learning process to be a good child and away from violence .

2. Build a Positive Parenting Style
I 'm sure, there are young person among us who work as teachers or young teachers. Parenting children, do not always have to be done by their parents. As a young people who care about the welfare of children, it is advisable for us to share information to parents of the children or our students about how to make parenting very well.
The rules are one of the important things that must be created and run by teachers , counselors and parents to children . The best thing is, if the children are directly involved in the rulemaking. In this way, it will be easier to teach to children, that every act they do have consequences and give a clear reason to them, why would you make the rules. In making the rules, use the language that is easily understood by children and clear explanations of the rules and the consequences of what they will get if they violate these rules.
For example, if you create the rules for your students to not disturb his friends while studying. Give your student a clear reason about the consequences that would arise if they disturb their friends while studying. For example, your friends will be distracted and could not answer the questions correctly, but you also have to give the advice to the kids or your students, that they better learn with their friend in order to get a good score as his friend.
Teach students or children around you to accept the consequences of their offenses against the rules and apply the "discipline" rather than give them the "punishment". The term discipline is based on a statement , that "the children will behave well if they feel better". That is, they will learn to; Be patience, resolve problems, controlling their anger, watching their emotions and behavior knowing what others expect of them. So, the kids will feel better and will gladly comply the rules. However, if we give them the punishment, then it implies that we teach the children or students that; respect the rules is based on fear and force, we need to lie or hide the mistakes, do certain things to avoid punishment from adults , offer and receive the "Bribe.
Make sure that the rules that you make for the children or your students isn’t giving the limitation for them to express what they feel or what they love. Children also need the time to express themselves; singing, painting, playing football or learning martial. That is why, the rules must be presented clearly to the children. For example, if the students are in class , then what they have to do is pay attention to the teacher and learn properly and not playing ball or dancing in the classroom . However, during the break, they are allowed to express themselves and their hobbies.

3. Reduce the Stimulus about Violence in Children Environment
One stimulus that can introduce children to violence is media, as our debate in http://www.voicesofyouth.org/en/connect/our-debates/about-violence-and-the-media , media is one of the strongest stimulus that can affect children's behavior. We can easily identify whether the media contain the violence or not by looking at the impact it had on the children. The media with violence, will make the behavior of the children tend to be;
- Accustomed with the violent actions and considers that the violence or aggression is something that appropriate to do and to solve the problem.
- Creating the insecure feelings and fears for the children, They will assume that they are living in the very dangerous world.
- Improving children's desire to see the kind of violence that much more, both in the form of entertainment on television or in video games and real life.
The things that we should do to face the problems;
- Keep an eye on what the kids watch and listen. Make rules about the types of media, program or games that appropriate or not to consume by them.
- Help children to choose the entertainment with a good message.
- Set and make a limit of the time for the children to watch television or play video games. Experts say that the children should only watch television or play video games just for 2 hours in a day.
- Encourage children to look over the various other activities that support them in developing their talents. Such the art activities, sports etc which can make them happy and be able to build the talent they have

children youth Violence EndViolence Parents Teacher