Why should you sponsor a child this Christmas?

Publicado 2 de enero de 2013 no picture Jason

no picture Jason Ver Perfil
Se registró el día 18 de julio de 2012

It’s getting towards that time of year, where goodwill is running high which provides the perfect opportunity for charities to begin their campaigns to try and get people to part with a few pounds a month. At the moment, there are a number of charities who are looking to get sponsorship for homeless cats and dogs, even though there are humans who are starving.

Even though these charities are seeking donations for a good cause, it is disappointing to see the traditional Christmas message reduced to ‘Peace on Earth and Goodwill to Stray Dogs’, despite the fact that there is widespread poverty and children are going to go hungry this Christmas as they did last Christmas.

Leading statistics estimate that 25,000 children die each day from poverty-related causes and 900 million people go hungry. This also includes Christmas Day – a thought which puts a dampener on the Christmas festivities that fill us with joy at that time of year. If you really want to share some of your festive spirit then why not look to make a contribution to a charity that helps children in undeveloped countries all year round.

If you do decide to sponsor a child this Christmas, there are a number of benefits that can come out of your contribution:

Child Sponsorship Helps Vulnerable Children

Children in sponsorship programs are situated in some of the world’s poorest communities. These children are extremely susceptible to the effects of poverty, disease and hunger. When the global economy is doing well, it is the poor children that usually gain the least. On the other hand when the global economy slows down, poor children gain the most.

Sponsoring a Child is Engaging

Child sponsorship can be very engaging, as it is very personal, relational and it is easy to determine whether it has been successful or not.

Sponsorship is Development

The best global charities that offer child sponsorship are vastly experienced as they have been doing it for over 50 years. Sponsoring a child is so much more than just a short term measure; it is about improving the daily of the children that they help.

Child Sponsorship is Relational

Child sponsorship allows you to build up a long term relationship with your sponsored child. There is plenty of opportunity to exchange letters, photos and even an opportunity to pay a visit to the sponsored child. This relationship is beneficial to both the parties involved. It is safe to say that there are numerous benefits of child sponsorship, so this Christmas why not help to improve the daily life of a child in an undeveloped country.