2017-New Year: new obstacles and new dreams

no picture Student.
Angela Vinot
Inscrit le 4 mars 2016

Hello everyone! First of all, I want to wish you all a happy new year with all my heart. It’s been a while since I wrote my last post and now that I press the keys of my keyboard I realize how much I missed it. If you check my previous posts, I say this quite frequently but it’s the truth.

This year, from my perspective, is a year of changes. The US is going to have a new president in a few days, climatic change is getting worse and we need to work together to make it stop; the price of gasoline in my country, Mexico, is getting very expensive and is affecting the economy in a bad way; the United Nations has a new Secretary- General: António Guterres; Ed Sheeran will release a new album; now I’m 18 years old now which means that technically I’m an adult; I only have 95 days left of high school before I graduate; I’m going to go to university away from home and I’m going to live alone, which means I need to learn to be independent and learn how to drive, which I find quite difficult.

So, as you see, this year seems like a challenge. Times goes by incredibly quickly and I want to make the most of it. With this I mean that I want to do everything that I wrote in my New Year resolutions list, which it’s quite long I recognize but I still want to share it with all of you, hoping that it will help you find something that you want to do as well.

2017- Resolutions list.

- Write a book.

- Upload posts in VOY as frequently as possible.

- Have good grades.

- Be positive.

- Make others happy.

- Enjoy my last semester of high school.

- Pursue my dreams.

- Help a charity.

- Pick a new hobby.

- Paint more in canvas.

- Learn/ Improve French.

- Get into university.

- Get a scholarship for university.

- Have good grades in my 1st semester of university.

- Make new friends.

- Learn to cook.

- Do more of what makes me happy.

- Be a minimalist.

- Help to stop climatic change.

- Save money for university.

- Pass Toefl and French exam.

- Find an online course.

- Change the world.

So that’s the list. I know that it has many things on it, some of them seem foolish or impossible but that doesn’t mean that they are actually foolish or impossible. Do what makes you happy and continue doing it for the rest of your life and you will find happiness. To close this post, I’ll leave you with a quote that I hope it inspires you as much as it did to me.

Persistence can change failure into an extraordinary achievement. – Matt Biondi