A Heart-talked..

Publié 29 novembre 2013 Avatar Emilia Siahaan

Avatar Emilia Siahaan Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 13 août 2013

source: talesofarantingginger.com

source: talesofarantingginger.com

It’s been a week since the last article I posted on Voices of Youth. In this post, I guess I will not talk about political or educational problems. I will not elaborate how climate change affects people in so many ways. This time, I would like to talk about heart and the self- about how to handle a big down, the low phase that will be experienced by every person in this world.

I love to write and sing. I guess by writing and singing, I can help people. At least I can help them to feel better, to show them that they are not alone, and to share my thoughts and support them. Lately I feel like no one likes to listen to my voice, and my writings were not helping at all. It has been a big down for me knowing that something that I love to do, and something that I believe in doing is something that is no longer sticking in my abilities even though I can help people. I felt like my voice has been really bad, and my writings were not making sense. It was getting worse when I started to relate this problem to another aspect of my life. I started to blame myself a lot. THAT A LOT, until I assumed that it was better for me, and for people, if I just ended up myself becoming a quitter. That’s a lot easier.

Until a good friend of mine knew that I was trapped in these kind of complicated feelings, and she started to wonder what was going on in me. She asked me what my motivation was for doing everything. The point was, I actually did not give up on writing and singing, but I gave up on myself. I started to blame myself for being so useless and producing bad texts. Then she asked, "who said I was useless, who said I wasn’t good enough for this and that?" The answer was me. That person was me. I was the one who told myself that I couldn't use my own talents.

She said that no one can be you as best as you can be. You are the best version of yourself, and you should not worry about yourself or doubt what you can do. She asked me to imagine what it would be like without my existence, and how many moments, persons, it would affect and change.

I believe that youths like us might experience this kind of feeling as well. Maybe it's a different story, with different problems, and in a different country. I just want to make it clear that your presence and everything that you do matters for many people. Don’t underestimate yourself, and moreover, don’t give up so easily. Take a deep breath and notice that sometimes your greatest enemy lies deep down in yourself. Don’t be afraid to always produce the masterpiece version of yourself, because by appreciating yourself, you sure can put yourself to the best.

youth world LIfe writings voice abilities