Children of war

Kiara
Inscrit le 28 novembre 2018

(c) UNICEF/UN0248978/Anmar

(c) UNICEF/UN0248978/Anmar

Life has become a burden for many children around the world, when they wake up in the morning they are not met with happiness. The hope in their eyes have faded away, they do not know if today is their last day or if they will ever see their families again. These are the many children of war.

The children that are robbed of their youth and their rights are so innocent, yet that does not matter. Education has stopped for many of them as there are minimal schools left in the land they once called home. All they know is war and fighting for survival. They have seen things that we only see in action movies, this is their reality. A once sunny place now filled with darkness and sadness, fear running through their veins. How does one help these angels? First by granting them their basic rights. The right to be protected from physical harm and the right for freedom. These major yet simple rights have been violated and thus showing youth that the term “human rights” is nothing more than a dictionary reference.

You have the right to food, clothing, a safe place to live and to have your basic needs met. You should not be disadvantaged so that you can't do many of the things other kids can do- United Nations Convention of the Child

You have the right to protection and freedom from war. Children under 15 cannot be forced to go into the army or take part in war.- United Nations Convention of the Child

No child should be forced into combat, most of them still don’t know the meaning. This is a very depressing time for the world. We should come together and help these children, protect them from a future of sadness. These are the children of war.