Do one thing!

Publié 9 août 2014 no picture Grace O

no picture Grace O Voir le Profil

Often, I feel as though I can’t accomplish much- I’m not creative, I’m not a tech genius, and I’m not a brilliant writer… It feels as though I can’t do much!

But even when we feel helpless and useless, unable to change the world or make our mark on the world, the truth is, every single one of us has immense potential to make a difference.

How? As Albert Pike aptly summarized, “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Here is what we can do to change the world. The smallest action of service can lead to a chain reaction of compassion, love and empathy, influencing more and more people and instigating a monumental impact. So what are you waiting for! Time to make a change in the world, starting with you.

First, ask yourself this. What do you want to achieve? What is your end goal? Perhaps it’s to make someone smile, or to protect our environment. Decide on one goal, and try to make it as specific as you possibly can.

Making the world a better place is an admirable goal, but it’s a massive goal to begin way. Think about which aspect of life you want to improve - is it ensuring education for everyone? Is it social equality?

Try starting out in your own local community. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, or sign up for a beach clean up. Most community service/charity organisations are always looking for new volunteers with passion, enthusiasm, and talent- that could be you!

Start small, encourage your friends and family to join, and remember that one small thing can lead to one huge difference to the people you’re helping!

inspire Volunteer help Blogging Intern 2014 Do one thing