Education shortcomings?

Publié 21 janvier 2014 no picture Achmad

Inscrit le 9 octobre 2013

NO ACCESS

NO ACCESS

I have posted the article about education (http://bit.ly/1mAOOoF) being the priority of the Post 2015 Development Agenda- related MDGs and EFA. Now, this article will be discussed and emphasized on the shortcomings of education. Based on the consultations of The Post 2015 Development Agenda, there are five shortcomings that need to be tackled as soon as possible. They are:

1. A narrow vision about educational access

The Education for All (EFA) includes multiple stages of the education life cycle, but the agenda has been constrained to primary education where the limitation is in the narrower focus of MDG 2.

2. Lack of a focus on quality

According to the Report of the Global Thematic Consultation on Education in the Post-2015 Development Agenda, “implementation of the current education framework is viewed as limiting the focus to access, thus directing attention away from ensuring quality learning outcomes.” From that case, it can bring about some students who are not capable to read and write as well as without having developed literacy and numeracy or other relevant skills.

3. Gender equality is not yet a reality

Gender disparities have been the important issues on education. Some countries do not provide equal access to education for girls. Inequality access on education will obstruct girls ability to receive an education as well so that there is a likely imbalance on knowledge, insight, and skills to understanding what science, engineering, and technology are. Furthermore it will be gender and violence based, particularly between men and women in schools.

4. Inequality remains the biggest challenge

Inequality on education means there are gaps within countries and among specific groups. For instance, the marginalized and vulnerable people don’t have good quality education. On the other hand, some people who have lived in remote, rural, and conflict areas get discriminated against on where they can access good quality education.

5. Underinvestment in education

Finance and support from the public and private sector helps to increase the quality of education. The expanding budgets for education especially in low-income countries make a key contribution to educational progress.

From the obstacles mentioned above, there are suggested improvements given by the consultations, which are: a harmonized global education framework and national ownership of the development framework.

children youth education shortcomings Post-2015 Development Agenda