First Wealth is Health

Publié 27 février 2012 no picture

We live in a time of century where money speaks. Money can buy a lot of things, but can it buy us everything? Can money buy love? Can money buy a stable marriage? Can money buy creativity? Most of all, can money buy health? In this fast-paced corporate world, people are always up and about, rushing to places that don't need rushing to, giving and trading time for everything and money, so much so that their state of own well-being is at stake. What it seems to me is that, they traded layers of fats and a list of potential health risks for a few extra dollars in their pockets. They give attention to the details in life that do not need attention and neglect the only thing money can't buy: health. Regardless of how big one's bankroll is, good health is one thing that does not come with a price tag. We can pay for specialized medical treatments but not good health. There is a saying that goes "you don't know what you got until it's gone." Likewise, you won't know how important and priceless health is until you fall sick and do get reminded of how priceless it really is. If I had to choose between the material things in life or good health, I will choose good health in a heartbeat. An American poet, Ralph Waldo Emerson quoted "The First Wealth is Health", and I agree with his statement very much. If you have health, you have more wealth than any riches in the world. I've come to this realization that without health, one can never make wealth. Life is not all about earning big bucks so get off that seat and live a healthy life! Watch those extra consumption of calories and never be too lazy to run that extra mile.