Global Business in the Eyes of Youth

Publié 18 novembre 2013 no picture Mahir Jethanandani

no picture Mahir Jethanandani Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 18 novembre 2013

http://organizations.bloomu.edu/douglass/Images/GlobeHands.jpg

Why is it important for children & youth to have a voice in business?

Business, in the eyes of a youth activist and economist, is the expression and capitalization of what the world needs. Globally, our requirements for living boil down to few assets, which global entities can supply our demand. And every human being requires these fundamental aspects of living, including children and youth. Our voice in business reckons to be recognized because business empowers and sustains our lives. Often, youth must empower our voices through start-ups to fill in the demand for what we need—a hope of certainty that modern-day corporations and entities will supply us with what we need tomorrow. Generation to generation, as the next generation of leaders, we demand the empowerment now, so the work ahead of us can be focused on a sustainable standard of living. But how?

Innovative leaders of my generation succeed in improving the role of businesses through sheer determination and ambition to have their thoughts and voices heard. A mind-blowing Renaissance man, Jason Li from my hometown did just that. With over 1.4 billion smartphones1 in the world, too many smartphones are left in drawers and in suitable conditions. Jason saw his chance to enter the electronics recycling business by founding iReTron when he was 15 years old. He shook up the international concept that recycling is good—and not only for paper and plastic. He took renewable resources and refurbishing electronics to its pinnacle, all from the culmination of thoughts he had to improve the environment and create a service that benefitted the world, including youth. He elevated the electronics industry by steering companies into the correct direction towards a greener planet. From his outlandish voice, he and other youth have demonstrated the importance of voice in business.

Innovators like Jason Li have well established the ethics and future of innovation and business in the world. Driven by dreams and aspirations, businesses like Coca-Cola or Apple were all driven by youth looking to shake up the world and benefit mankind. In that sense, business is driven by the same stipulations that allowed those companies to become global entities. What allowed them to succeed, and what businesses now should use to allow youth to succeed, is the concurrent establishment of rightful business practices. Pioneering an industry can only be effective with fair representation of youth’s voice in the world. How else can the world change for the better if we continue to foster the world’s resources on the same ideas? We simply cannot, and the arrival of ingenious ideas can advance the world further. As the current generation of leaders transition out of their seats in the global business democracy, the voice of youth will soon elect the rightful leaders to galvanize and drive the world into it utmost form—the future.

Mahir Jethanandani, 16

Saratoga, California, United States

1: Business Insider, February 7, 2013. “There Will Soon Be One Smartphone For Every Five People in the World”

Guardian Submission