Have your say! New crowdsourcing platform for post-2015 youth priorities

Publié 24 mars 2014 no picture UNICEF Education

no picture UNICEF Education Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 11 septembre 2013

UNICEFIndia/2011/Graham Crouch

UNICEFIndia/2011/Graham Crouch

Over 1 million of the 1.5 million youth voters in the My World Survey chose education as their top priority. Over the last 18 months, a number of consultations and meetings on education have taken place, leading to a consensus that education must be a top priority in the next development agenda. In various discussions, young people have demanded a post-2015 education goal that guarantees that all children have equitable access to education and that all children are learning – from early childhood to adulthood.

On 18 February 2014, a Global Partnership on Youth in the Post-2015 Development Agenda has been launched to highlight youth priorities and give young people a chance to voice their own visions for the in the post-2015 agenda.
As a first step, a crowdsourcing platform has been launched to consolidate the outcomes of national, regional, global and online consultations into concrete proposals for the post-2015 development framework.

We invite you to join the global conversation and send your ideas, comments and votes by 25 April!
https://crowdsourcing.itu.int/ Twitter hashtag: #GPY2015

A discussion on education is currently in progress co-moderated by Chernor Bah, Youth Advocacy Group of the Global Education First Initiative; Emily Laurie, Plan International; and myself. The following questions are being used as the basis for discussion:
1. What do you think are the main challenges and opportunities to accessing a good education around the world?
2. If you had 3 choices, what should be the top 3 priorities for education in the post-2015 agenda?
3. Who should be responsible for delivering on these priorities? And how can young people hold them to account?

Visit the site and let us know what you think! We also encourage you to spread the word to other young people and contribute to the conversation. These discussions will result in an outcome document, “Youth Voices,” containing the consolidated proposals that the Partnership will advocate for in the post-2015 discussions.

For more information:
UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth Facebook: www.facebook.com/UNYouthEnvoy
Google+: unyouthenvoy@gmail.com
Website: www.un.org/youthenvoy
Also visit the World We Want Education platform for more information on post-2015 discussions: http://www.worldwewant2015.org/education2015

Thank you for helping make the world a better place. We look forward to hearing from you as we work together to get all children in school and learning.

youth education crowdsourcing vote