Homeless survivor "The real survivor"

Publié 10 juin 2014 Avatar Ann Naser Nabil

Avatar Ann Naser Nabil Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 6 mai 2014

Homeless people living in slums.

Homeless people living in slums.

What do you think about survivors?

In simple words survivors are those persons who lead their life in extreme environments where they don't get enough food, shelter etc. They hardly get three times meal a day. In those survivor tv shows we usually see a man or a group of folks go to a forest, desert, mountain area, or the costal area. There, they show us how to live in such an environment. They show us how to collect food from nature. We call them survivors. But, I don't think that they are the real survivors.

The real survivors are those people who lead their life through extreme property. They lead their life in very extreme environments full of hunger, want of clothing, treatments, and other basic human rights. The homeless people are the "real survivors". The homeless people don't have a permanant house to live in. They live floating on rivers, in slums, or in the shade of trees. Housing is a basic human need, yet the statistics of United Nations Commission on Human Rights in 2005 notes that, an estimated100 million people -one-quarter of the world's population- live without shelter or in unhealthy and unacceptable conditions. Over 100 million people around the world have no shelter whatsoever.

Factors Contributing to Homelessness:
A wide array of factors contribute to homelessness, but they can be thought of as falling into one of two categories: structural problems and individual factors that increase vulnerability. Structural problems
*Lack of affordable housing- Changes in the industrial economy leading to unemployment
*Inadequate income supports- the de-institutionalization of patients with mental health problems and the erosion of family and social support. Factors that increase an individual's vulnerability
*Physical or mental illness
*Disability
*Substance abuse
*Domestic violence
*Job loss

According to a report published by the United Nations, there are 150 million children aged 3-18 years old on our streets today—and their numbers are growing fast. 40% of the world's street children are homeless, the other 60% work on the street to support their families. UNICEF, World Health Organisation (WHO) and several NGO's have disputing figures in their account of street children. According to CRY(Child Relief and You) about 60 million Indian children under the age of 6 live below the poverty line. The problem has become particularly acute for homeless children, one-fifth of whom receive no education. Homelessness is largely an urban phenomenon, yet homeless people living on the streets in every region of the world from developing countries to the most affluent countries. Latin America, India, and Bangladesh for example, are known for their large populations of street children, despite the significant efforts of some governments and non-governmental organizations. The AIDS epidemic and civil wars in Africa have caused a surge in the number of street children as a result of the abandonment of AIDS orphans or fatalities due to armed conflict. Failing economies and falling currencies in parts of Asia force the poorest families onto the street, often leaving children abandoned and homeless. Unstable political transitions, such as the end of Communism in Eastern Europe, caused unprecedented numbers of street children due to inadequate social security for the poor and those formerly State supported. Children often experience the effects of political, economic, and social crises within their countries more severely than adults, and many lack the adequate institutional support to address their special needs. Eventually, they end up on the streets.

homelessness survivor