I believe in zero

Publié 11 mars 2013 no picture Flora

Inscrit le 11 mars 2013

Since my two little brothers were born, I noticed how hard is to raise a child. How expensive it is and how much work it needs. My brothers are lucky. They have my mom and my dad who have a job to provide them food, vitamins, clothes and soon education. We were lucky to be born in a country where education is for everyone, where I don't have to worry about getting killed on my way to school. But not everyone is that lucky. Still I believe that the chance to survive and have a childhood is a right owed to every child.

In 1990 12.4 million children under the age of 5 died from causes that are preventable. Causes like AIDS/HIV, hunger, dirty water and violence.This number has reduced to 6.9 million in 2011, but it's still not enough. We have the power to change this number to zero. To make sure that these kids make their dreams come true. That one day they'll grow up and have their own families. If we come together, we can reach our goal. Zero immortality from preventable causes. Because I believe in zero.