I can bring confidence to the children of the village

Publié 13 octobre 2011 no picture Ben Parkinson

no picture Ben Parkinson Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 13 octobre 2011

Before I was in Butterfly, I was not having self confidence but now when I went back to my village I was very confident to speak to younger children

Lien: http://chrysalisuganda.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/i-...

Source: http://chrysalisuganda.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/i-can-bring-confidence-to-children-in-the-village/

Being at the school has helped me realise I can be a change maker

My name is Nancy Lakot. I am 15 years old and I live in Uganda, Lamwo district. I am in senior at the Chrysalis Senior Secondary school and am one of the members of Butterfly Project Uganda. I joined the project in 2011 and have learnt very many things. The Butterfly Project is a project that teaches children how to be social entrepreneur and change maker and it has caused me to set my own project MDD (Music, Dance and Drama), because I thought it will be good to create change in the community to change.

Small business that is liquid soap

Liquid soap is a small business that we are doing in Butterfly project to help other children from our area. It helps pay children who work at quarry and also help to buy some requirement for school like books ,pen, uniform. and this business is also part of our entrepreneur business at school.

Sugar baby melon

Sugar baby melon is like also a business and I am one of the member who also grow melon at our place. It was very good but in our place we have alot of rain fall that why it is not very many. It was to create money for building a new school and to pay for our schooling but also not only to create income but also to show cooperation in our village. I think the plan for next year is to build school which it sound very good.

Eucalyptus Trees

The next plan is to plant now seed that eucalyptus tree that one is for village and it is very good. I ask people from my village and they give very good ideas and it will show how gifted and talented children can help our village.

Teaching games to others is fun and helps build my friends’ self esteem

Children’s activities

This holiday I was talking to most young people in the village and doing very good activities with them. Before I was in Butterfly, I was not having self confidence but now when I went back to my village I was very confident to speak to younger children. I did games and dance activities with