In vitro meat: the new phase of Genetically Modified Organisms part 2

Publié 21 mars 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 31 octobre 2013

Read Part 1

Their combined role may create a sustainable solution for a cleaner environment. In the real sense this is actually a false solution to climate change in addition to other false solution previously suggested in climate change summits around the world.

The first In vitro meat /lab grown meat was cooked and eaten on August 5, 2013, at a news conference in London were Scientists from the Netherlands, led by professor Mark Post, took stem cells from a cow and grew them into strips of muscle they combined to make a burger. The burger was cooked by Chef Richard McGowan, from Cornwall, and tasted by critics Hanni Ruetzler.

To the world this has become the new phase of meat production devoid of environmental consequences but I will say it’s another way of manipulating natural processes of meat production which will eventually have detrimental impact on its consumers as a result of its production processes Although in vitro meat is made from natural meat cells, consumers may find such a high-tech approach to food production distasteful. In vitro meat has been disparagingly described as unnatural and it is therefore wrong.

Impact of In vitro meat

In real analogy in vitro meat or lab grown meat is not actually what we think it is, it does not have economic, social, religiously and environmental values it will have a great deal of negative impact on the society.

Due to its technically sophisticated production methods making it will be hard for community dwellers and poor farmers to produce meat sufficiently to feed themselves and their families, thereby increasing dependence on global food corporations and the Government for survival.

The production of in vitro meat is currently very expensive – in 2008 it was about US$1 million for a piece of beef weighing 250 grams (0.55 lb) and it would take colossal investment to switch to large scale production. However, the In Vitro Meat consortium has estimated that with improvements to current technology there could be considerable reductions in the cost of in vitro meat. They estimate that it could be produced for 3500€/tonne (US$5037/tonne), which is about twice the cost of unsubsidized conventional European chicken production.

Kitchen meat may allow individuals to make their own meat products; thus bringing a permanent end to meat markets and butchers. A set of pre-programmed options allow people to control the size, shape, and texture of the meat that they produce at home without the need to kill animals and through the use of animal DNA. In vitro meat along side with other GMOs will lead to global food insecurity were by individual cooperation will be in charge of global food control there by rendering the common farmers poor and inactive hence in vitro meat is a crime against nature and a sin against God and should be discouraged by all.

food security in vitro sustainable solution