Mexico CIty+20:

Publié 27 juin 2012 Avatar MyCity+20

Avatar MyCity+20 Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 28 mai 2012

Youth from the Mexico Model United Nations Association (MEXMUN), representing many schools and universities from across the country, organized a simulation of the Rio+20 negotiations at the United Nations in Mexico City and the Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico City Campus from Thursday May 31st to Saturday June 2nd.

The event opened with a panel discussion including UN experts and academics giving some important background knowledge on the issues.

Following this, participants divided into two working groups: (1) Green Economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty reduction, and (2) International cooperation for sustainable development. The students played to role of representing real countries, and they debated policy recommendations and concrete actions for the planet.

The groups reached important conclusions about the role of sustainable development in reducing poverty and contributing to a better world for future generations.

The group received support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Mexico, the United Nations Enviroment Programme (UNEP) Mexico, the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) and the National Ecology Institute.

Read news coverage of Mexico City +20 (in Spanish)

Find out more at the Mexico City +20 Facebook page