Selfless Service- You can do that too!

Publié 13 décembre 2013 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 31 octobre 2013

Two great leaders

Two great leaders

Each and every day we seek to have a better world, a better society, a better generation, or a better family. Yet we fail to change our mindset about how we treat people around us, our environment and the ecosystem, and the organisms that exists around us.

For us to get the best out of life and the environment, we have to make up our minds to change the way we react to basic issues in our life which have negative impact on others. A great American leader in the past once said "Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country." That's the mentality of a great leader. He thinks less of his own needs, put God First and all other things before himself. Such a man becomes great in life even in the face challenges, he still succeeded and earned himself respect.

Let's take a look at some great leaders starting with Nelson Mandela. He was a selfless leader who lived his life for his people and environment, yet he became one of the greatest leader who ever lived. During his life and after his death he was celebrated as a hero. Mandela has become a household name all over the world. Mahatma Gandhi was also another selfless leader who carried the pains and interest of his people above himself and he also became great during his life time. Mother Theresa was another woman who rendered a selfless service and the Lord blessed her in all her endeavors. Wangari Maathai, a great female environmentalist, political activist and conservationist from Kenya is also another example of a selfless leader who had so much love for her people and environment. She dedicated her life time to political activism and environmental issues in her country and was greatly honoured.

YOU can do that too ...

I recently came to the realisation that youth and leaders are no longer interested in serving selflessly to humanity and the environment. They seek to lead because of their selfish reasons and to amass wealth for their generations to come without actually thinking of the welfare of those. The same thing applies to organisations and multinational corporations. They are no longer interested in corporate social responsibility, rather they believe in making more profit and sapping the communities to the point where they are dry of their natural resources without giving anything back to the society where they exist. It's so disheartening to see.

Leadership is service and service is sacrifice. Sacrifice is an act of giving out what will cost you something, but how many of us as youth are willing to do this is up to us.

It takes a selfless heart to make a great leader. It takes a committed giver and leader to make great people. It takes great people with like minds and unity to make a visible change. It takes deep respect, a regard for God and the environment to change the earth.

"Every little change you seek in life is tied to your selfless service to God and humanity." So live selfless and reign in life.

Cadmus.

Environment humanity ecosystem Nelson Mandela selfless service sacrifice Gandhi Wangari Maathai