Teenage girls and cutting.

Publié 13 août 2012 Avatar

Inscrit le 13 août 2012

I have heard of many cases when young girls like myself begin to cut themselves or burn themselves with matches. Abuse towards your body is never a good thing and is really a cry for help. Cutting can become addictive which isn't good for your body or your emotional state.

More recent studies suggest that as many as one in five girls between 10 and 18 years of age are now cutting themselves with razor blades or burning themselves with matches. This needs to be addressed! Cutting for most girls is a way of relief and to get whatever is bothering them off their chest.

Most girls feel like there's no other way to address their emotions. That's why young women like me have to step up to the plate and help them with their issues. I'm 18 years old and no, I have never cut myself, but I do know people that have and how it affected me. To resolve the issue it starts with me giving back to these younger girls and being the voice. Also, being the person that these girls feel comfortable confiding in. I know I can make a difference and this trend has to stop immediately for the safety of these girls.

It starts with me. It ends with you.