We all need inclusive education

Publié 29 mars 2014 no picture Umenjoh

no picture Umenjoh Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 29 mars 2014

© UNICEF/NYHQ2013-1390/Noorani

© UNICEF/NYHQ2013-1390/Noorani

Around the world, we see how people contribute to the development of their societies. There is no society which is stagnant since from creation and there is no society which can really move on when there is an imbalance in development. Disability around the world has sparked much fire into the eyes of many organizations and governments. From the UN fact sheet in 2006, 25% of the world’s population is affected by disability,

70% of people living with disability are in developing countries and 20% of people living in poverty have a disability.

People with disabilities in low income countries are affected by the same factors which cause poverty for others, but also face added disadvantages. Children with disabilities face barriers to education; youths with disabilities face barriers to training; adults with disabilities face barriers to decent work. Most damaging of all, families and communities may think that people with disabilities are incapable of learning skills and working.

Work is the means by which an individual can escape poverty and secure the necessities of life. This is so critical in developing countries where people with disabilities are heavily stigmatized in many ways.

For a full leaflet of this article, contact me through my email: pumenjoh@gmail.com. It is free of charge.

http://www.coeworld.org/family/cameroon/advocating-people-disability-cameroon

developing countries Disability poverty #thisability