why is it important for youths and children to have a voice in business?

Publié 18 novembre 2013 no picture Cynthia Amyo Tembo

no picture Cynthia Amyo Tembo Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 17 novembre 2013

There is increasing discourse on the involvement of children and youth's voices in business. The general feeling seems to be that youths and children should not be involved in business sectors,but what are the consequences of taking such extreme position towards youth and children? Are they feeling our views,opinions,suggestions etc are not important to the business sector and should be done away with? Who is a youth? In simple english a youth is said to be a state of being young and as young individuals we tend to think innovatively hence being inspirational and influential players who add value to our organisations,nations,continents and our globe. Innovation therefore refers to radical and revolutionary changes in the thinking process,products etc. If we the youths can be innovative thinkers;who think differently,young with fresh ideas,always thinking out of the box,wanting to make positive change with our self sacrifice spirit therefore making a practical difference in the lives of so many people,why shouldn't our voices be heard or considered in business?by the policy makers?everywhere? It is really vital for us the youths and children to voice out in business because engaging youth voice will enable to raise our aspirations,realise our potential, As the future leaders and make us participate fully in all relevant issues or policies through adult and youth partnerships. Not only this but also it we make us feel more recognised and appreciated as young responsible people. According to the 2010 Zambia census report of population and housing,Zambia's population is 13092,666 with 82% of the youth. If this percentage has a in in voicing out definatly the chain of of poverty would be broken as particular issues and policies that are relevant to one's life will be fully understood and worked thus securing our future. But have you ever wondered why. The participation of the young in business and governmental issues is slim?it is because of the way we are treated,we are always shut out.MAny are the times we attend conferences that act as platforms for us to express our views,opinions and suggestions to the policy makers,but are our suggestions implemented?No Policies changed?No We cannot continue to live like this,a way should be found,something must be done in order for our future to be reshaped. In trying to transform our background countries,businesses,continent etc into prosperous ones it demands adult and youth co-operation. For I believe we do not have to be elders within our communities,businesses or government to voice out,for our ages doe not limit our abilities so we can be useful as much as any other person. I believe our time is now and not some time tomorrow when we are old. Cynthia Tembo, 19, Malota,Livingstone,Zambia.

Guardian Submission