Why Should Businesses Realize the Rights of Children?

Publié 17 novembre 2013 no picture mustafa fawzy

no picture mustafa fawzy Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 17 novembre 2013

Business can be defined as an organization or economic system where goods and services are exchanged for one another or for money.

The Middle East and North Africa region is the unfortunate title holder of having the worst youth unemployment in the world. According to the International Labor Organization(ILO) youth unemployment was at 28.3% in 2012 and says it will not reverse the course for the next 5 years. Despite a global economic recovery the ILO projects a rise to 30% by 2018.

It is important for children and youth to have a voice in business, not just because they are the leaders of tomorrow, but rather because we are victims of the unfortunate circumstances of life due to one reason or another. We can suggest helpful ways that businesses can engage in: corporate social responsibility programmes in a bid to save us from losing hope, feeling worthless, and being slaves of our problems which can be solved by speaking out.

In my opinion, the role that businesses can play in the development and well-being of children is by identifying an issue which is weighing down a big percentage of children in a particular region. Once the problem has been acknowledged, a business can go ahead and introduce programs such as fund raisers in order to assist struggling children and keep them in a better secure place where they can proceed with their education smoothly. Another alternative is for big, medium, and small organizations to hold competitions for children and youth based on a variety of talents. By doing so, children and youth will feel they are valued and possibly land themselves the dream job they have always desired. Every single day, children and youth fight for their dreams all their life, and as soon as they get it, it's taken from them by greedy vultures in high positions who only believe in power, influence, and money. This is where business comes in. I strongly believe that If businesses can take up the above recommendations, they can assist in realizing the rights of children.

Mustafa
23 years old
Egypt

Guardian Submission