World Summit Youth Award 2014

Publié 12 mai 2014 no picture Charlotte Dreyer

no picture Charlotte Dreyer Voir le Profil
Inscrit le 23 avril 2013

YOUNG DIGITAL POWER 4 SOCIAL GOOD

An international contest for a global change. Promoting digital technologies acting for a better future.

The World Summit Youth Award selects and promotes the world´s best practice in e-content. It demonstrates young people´s potential to create outstanding digital contents via Internet and Mobiles and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Youth Award is organized by the International Center for New Media, a not-for-profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria.

6 GOALS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Showcasing the best projects from young developers, designers and producers. Demonstrating young people´s potential and entrepreneurship spirit. Addressing poverty, hunger, inequality and environmental damage and creating awareness of the potential of Internet and Mobiles to tackle today´s challenges. Promoting best practice examples in new media that get action on the MDGs. Contributing to the UN post-2015 development and the EU Digital agendas´discussions. Empowering and connecting people through a global networking platform for everyone interested in ICTs & new media for social challenges.

6 CATEGORIES TO BECOME A DIGITAL CHAMPION

Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease, Education for All, Power 2 Women, Create your Culture, Go Green, Pursue the Truth

Are you a young person up to 30 years of age? Are you involved in a youth initiative producing outstanding digital content towards achieving the UN Millennium Development Goals? Then make sure to submit your project for the next edition of the World Summit Youth Award (WSYA)!

Call for applications: until June 15th, 2014

http://register.icnmdb.at/Youthaward/2014/

youth developing countries education Environment global women empowerment culture poverty journalism young people networking UN MDGs Millennium Develoment Goals ICT for social good contest Mobile applications Web tools non profit digital content