Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge

Posted March 12, 2013 Avatar Etienne

Avatar Etienne View Profile

For the first time ever, Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards has partnered up with UNICEF to give YOU the opportunity to implement active change in YOUR community. The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge is looking to provide three youth led projects with grants to support the implementation of innovative initiatives.

First prize receives $40,000. Second prize receives $30,000. Lastly, the audience award-winning project receives $20,000. All Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge prize funds must be used to support the implementation of the winning projects.

Show us your imagination, creativity, and innovation through the use of digital tools and social media. Produce a short video outlining your proposal for a new or existing initiative that will benefit other youth in your community. This is your chance to make a difference in the world, report about it, and show the progress made to millions of people through the Adobe Youth Voices network, UNICEF’s global social media feeds, and the Voices of Youth community.

In addition to receiving financial funds for your project, the local experts will also provide support during the initial implementation process.

Submissions now open! To be eligible for the contest, you must be between the ages of 13-19 years old, and your project must have been created between 2010-2013. Entries are being accepted now until April 19, 2013. Please go to the submissions page to submit today!

Mobilize, organize, and take action!

Submissions

In cooperation with the Adobe Foundation, UNICEF will provide three youth led projects with grants that that empower them to plan and execute a project that will help to bring positive change to their community.

The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge will focus on social media and digital empowerment, with the objective of creating sustainable opportunities for young people. UNICEF has an extensive network of Country Offices that work with local organizations. These organizations are often under-funded, yet they demonstrate creativity, resilience, and positive energy. The Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge seeks to drive social change by calling for participants to enter a project proposal, for a current or a conceptual social change project that combines youth issues and concerns with digital media

The call for submissions will be issued through Adobe Youth Voices and UNICEF’s country and regional offices. Youth organizations (not individuals) will submit a video proposal to enter to win one of the three prizes. All entries will be featured on the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards website.

If a group is chosen for one of the prizes, the money will go to the organization that is sponsoring the winning team. The local UNICEF office will support the organization in its implementation of the project. UNICEF HQ’s Social & Civic Media Section will monitor their progress and how prize monies are spent. Winners will be selected based on criteria such as creativity and sustainability as determined by UNICEF and Adobe.

UNICEF will work in collaboration with its country offices to support the implementation of the winning projects.

The structure ensures that prize money is awarded to vetted and trusted partners in a way that positively benefits young people.