Join the fight against poverty and hunger!

Posted March 5, 2012 no picture

Poverty and hunger: these are major problems faced by some countries recently. In the news, we always see that some people in other parts of the world are starving. Adults or the young ones, all of them suffer from poverty and hunger. They do not have pretty clothes like we do, long silky hair like us. They have just a piece of cloth covering their little bodies. Children there also suffer from malnutrition. Besides that, in Africa for example, do you know that every 3 seconds a child dies from hunger? People like us, living in great conditions and comfortable environment, do not know how to appreciate what they have and it turns out that we complain much more than those who suffer from poverty and hunger.

As a child, I used to complain to my mum about eating the same old food over and over again every day. At that time, I didn’t know how lucky I was and didn’t know how to appreciate the things my parents had done for me. After seeing the news about poverty and hunger that is occurring in poorer countries like Africa, I felt extremely bad. Also, I didn’t feel thankful for the wonderful things I have in my life. Thinking about those children suffering in poorer countries like Africa, I feel sorry for them and also I realize how lucky I am now.

In buffet restaurants, sometimes, I see some greedy people piling up food on their plate. It’s okay if they can finish all the food on their plate. However, I feel angry to see that some don't finish their plates and just forget about it. The leftovers end up in the trash while millions of children are suffering from malnutrition. Think of the poor children suffering from hunger before wasting your food!

We should help those who suffer from poverty and hunger. We should find out which countries suffer most from hunger and then get involved to give them a helping hand. Thousands are said to be dead because of hunger in Africa. However, we can help change lives in Africa by donating generously. For your information, a small donation can go a long way. We should do what we can to save them. Save the children.Join the fight against poverty and hunger!