Oh African Youth

Posted August 26, 2011 no picture Eddie

no picture Eddie View Profile

Oh African Youth,

Let us summon the fighting spirit of our founding fathers, let us call for their help at this hour of need, let us awaken in us the African Dream, let the blood of our warriors flow in us, let us reignite the spirit of pan Africanism, that which Nkurumah, Nasser and Nyerere fought for, let us rely on the one thing that distinguishes the African Continent- Our RESILIENCE: To fight; to persevere; to sacrifice, if only for a brighter tomorrow.

Let us revel in the beauty of our people, the pride of our being African, our sensuality and emotion, our song and dance, our gaiety and spring of step, our resilience, our laughter that springs from the heart, our ability to love and capacity to learn, the beauty of the negress and swagger of the negro, the spirit of ubuntu, the fountain of humanity, the ideals of pan africanism.

We are doomed, at present, but there is nothing more beautiful than knowing that tomorrow is uncertain for all of us.But then the uncertain future makes us hope for the light at the end of the tunnel, that tiny speck of light that comforts us, that little star that leads us on, that faint echo that reminds us of our humanity,out mortality. When dawn breaks, I hope we would be ready to face tomorrow, when the sun goes down, I hope we would rest in the full knowledge that we have played our part and that, this future, the African Dream would be better and brighter though in its uncertainty.

We all are braver than we believe, stronger than we seem, and smarter than we think... if we resolve to think, work and move together, our synergy can help us soar to heights we never though we could reach.

May we have the moral courage to wish each other comfort during difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss our lips, sunsets to warm our hearts, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for our eyes to see, friendships to brighten our days, faith so that we can believe, confidence when we doubt, courage to know ourselves, patience to accept the truth, love to complete our lives.

God bless Africa, My Mother Land.

Eddie Ombagi Devout Pan Africanist, Proud African, Addict of Life,