"Seeing Thoughts" - Video Competition for young professionals active in agriculture for development
The competition is an attempt to capture and showcase the voices of youth and their contribution to agriculture for development, whether in research, in production or assisting a community to develop a sustainable livelihood.
The project is divided into two distinct stages:
- Developing the story which would be captured in the video: the first phase of the project would be aimed at mentoring and guiding the selected participants to develop a story board capturing the themes mentioned on page
- The selected storyboards would get mentoring support and some financial support from YPARD to capture the stories into documentaries of 4-6 minute maximum.
The final video entries would be showcased through YPARD website with the full profile of the finalists.
Prize: The first finalist would be fully supported to attend a regional conference on a topic related to agriculture of her/ his choice. How to register
Download the registration form http://ypard.net/sites/ypard.net/files/Registration-Form.pdf, fill it up and sign, and email it back to email@example.com . Alternately, you could take a printout, fill up in block letters (to assure we could read all the details), scan it and send it to the email address given above.
Who can participate?
Anyone under the age of 40 years, active in agriculture for development (research, extension, production, community development, farming, etc.).
We are looking for a flare for communication through visuals and passion for communities and development. We also welcome young people from film or communications background with experience working with agro-communities and development.
The first level selection will be based on the registration form; in addition to age and background criteria. The idea and concept will play a strong role in the selection process.
The competition is not for film making professionals; however if you are from film background with substantial experience in agriculture and development you may also apply.
The final selection will be made by a YPARD selection committee. Finalists are expected to tell a good story as well as meeting the outlined selection criteria.
- Registration and form submission: May 10, 2012 by 1800 hrs GMT
- Online mentoring for the storyboards: From June 01, 2012 to June 25, 2012
- Storyboard finalization and submission: July 15, 2012
- Announcement of results: July 25, 2012
- Online mentoring for making final videos: From August 05, 2012 to August 20, 2012
- Submission of the final film*: September 25, 2012
- Final results: October 05, 2012 only for the finalists selected based on their storyboard submission
Selection criteria for stories and storyboard
- Community, development and agriculture focus
- Strength of the core message and a cohesive, focused storyline
- How well it adheres to the themes and expresses the involved person’s/ communities voice
For the story & storyboard:
- The storyboards could be generated by drawing, collage or in digital format by combining images through photoshop/ other software
- The storyboards must accompany the narration and the type of music (if any, such as light/ instrumental/ vocal etc.)
- The frames of the story boards should not be more than 8 centimeters X 8 centimeters when printed. The story board must submitted digitally
- The idea of the film, narration and the message needs to come through in the storyboard clearly
For more details, download the full announcement http://ypard.net/sites/ypard.net/files/Seeing-Thoughts_Full%20announcement.pdf . May you have any question, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the registration form at http://ypard.net/ypard.net/files/Registration-Form.pdf