The Young Women's World Forum is Underway

Posted March 21, 2011 User_image_bg Katie

The Young Women’s World Forum 2011 has begun! The Forum began today at the four WAGGGS World Centres in India, Mexico, the UK and Switzerland. It's the second of three events, to be held once annually between 2010 and 2012. The events focus on bringing together young women from around the world to share skills and best practices related to the Millennium Development Goals. The hope is that by giving women the skills needed to advocate for, and initiate community projects, they will fulfill the WAGGGS Global Action Theme: "Together we can change our world."

We will be posting updates of the delegates’ progress on VOY during the forum, which will run from 20th – 25th March. You can follow the delegates’ progress once they return home and we’ll be posting interviews and project updates to show you what they’re up to. For further information about the YWWF events contact: ywwf@wagggsworld.org.

You can also follow the Forum's progress by checking out the WAGGGS Facebook page or searching for Twitter updates using the hashtag #YWWF11.