Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Soccer Without Borders: Development and Peace in Nicaragua

Soccer Without Borders (Fútbol Sin Fronteras) celebrated International Day of Sport. Soccer Witho...

Tech Girls Reporting on Sanitation in Their School

Watch Tech Girls from Pong Tamale M/A primary in a video report about the sanitation in their scho...

What are the causes of the increase in prostitution rates in Kabwe?

Prostitution as a whole has become a serious draw back in the development of the country; this is...

Step by Step

We all have the right to be included regardless of our race, disabilities, religion, or birth stat...

Sanitation and Humanity

Water and sanitation are simply the care of water systems, be it water systems in homes or river s...

Voices of Youth Inspire! Catching Waves with Easkey Britton

Please tell us your name: Easkey Britton Your age: 28 Where are you originally from and...

Greening the Grey in Kwacha Community

Chipembele is a club at Mitanto Secondary school in Kitwe, Zambia. It discusses more about the env...

You have the Power to Change Our Facebook Timeline!

Empower Yourself and Others Around You with the Team Selfie! What do we take a picture of?...

Is sex just a social union?

Many a time, I have tried to survey and parry the questioning effect on sex and its constituents. I believe it is a redefined commitment entitled to both parties (man & woman) on a divine standard. The world we live in today defines sex as a 'social commitment', which is a taboo to fundamental n...

Improper Mindset about HIV

HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. A person can contract AIDS by having unprotected sex with an infe...