Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Are You Choosing The Right Medical Assistant School Programs?

The recent outbreak of the Ebola virus highlights and focuses the importance of the medical and ot...

"Biting the Bullet"- Tears of those Living with HIV/AIDS.

Many have passed away on account of it, millions are living with it and billions in the world toda...

Ghana Child Mining problem

I am a student from a school in Jakarta called Jakarta Intercultural School, and my name is Patrick. I am writing this letter in the hopes of bringing a certain problem to attention. The problem at hand are the current situations where children are forced to work in the mines, for whatever c...

Teens and HIV/AIDS

The HIV and AIDS awareness day was a while ago (December 1st) .A few weeks ago I watched a video f...

Movie Review: 50/50

Movie Review: “50/50” “50/50”, inspired by the true story of its screenplay writer Will...

Earning money for the homeless, hungry, and our country

Last Thursday, me and a group of people were having a big discussion about how we can help others....

Please pay attention to Ebola and its consequences!

Everyday there is someone, who suffers the loss of a important person such as a friend or a family member. Currently, this situation becomes more intense, especially in Africa. One of the main killers of these people is Ebola. Before we talk about the consequences, we have to know — Wh...

Why I Believe You Can Be a Human Rights Advocate

By age seventeen, Nam* had been forced into marrying a stranger, bearing his child, and risking he...

International Volunteers Day

Recently on 5th December, 2014, we observed "International Volunteers Day" with the theme "People's Participation. Make Change Happen, Volunteer!". Being a youth & a volunteer myself, "International Volunteers Day" was of great importance to me. As I have been placed as an ICS (Inter...

Interview with Yeshey Namgyal, a young filmmaker from Bhutan. His vide...

1. What is your video about? The short documentary is about a young person Pema with a physica...