Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Source: https://soundcloud.com/alex-fm-young-reporters/bigger-than-life-water-and-sunita...

AWARENESS ON HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

MBALI WAS INTERVIEWING ONE OF THE RESIDENTS OF ALEXANDRA TOWNSHIP SOUTH AFRICA CONCERNING THE PLAC...

Achieving Food Security in Times of Crisis

We observed “International Food Day” on 16th October. This year theme of the day was “Family Farming – Feeding the World, Caring the Earth”. Family farming helps in achieving food security by eradicating hunger, improving livelihoods, achieving sustainability etc. In this moder...

Convention of the Rights and Responsibilities of the Child

I had a read through the Convention on the Rights of the Child before writing this post and thought it was missing something. With rights comes responsibilities and that should be acknowledged in the Convention. It is correct that children should be have a right to a family, education, healt...

In this focus piece, Youth to End Sexual Violence explores the issue of Female G...

Source: http://www.youthtoendsexualviolence.org/blog/2014/10/23/in-focus-female-genital-...

In Focus: Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)

"My legs were completely numb and the pain between them was so intense. I wished I would die. I felt my poor mother hold me in her arms - my memory ends at this instant until I opened my eyes and the killer woman was gone. I was lying on the ground close to a rock, and my legs were tied together wit...

Ebola: How selfish can we be?

There are people behind the numbers. There is devastation as Ebola outbreak is ravaging communitie...

Advocacy for the Young

They plead that you may for once; Understand them with honest kindness With futile prejudice...

The ALS disease and a complaint.

ALS:Also well-known as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease, and rarely Charcot...

7 Billion to One

7 Billion to One That’s quite a ratio Now ask yourself this Which side is greater? Which side is worth more? Most will probably say 7 Billion: easy Now I ask you this Imagine a time you were picked on In school, online And then you told yourself you were fine...

My Earth; My Responsibility

Earth is a beautiful living planet of the Universe as the common habitat of more than 7 billion human population & millions of species of biodiversity. Our Earth provides us with food, shelter & with most of our requirements. Despite unavoidable free services provided by earth to h...

My prediction on health

Healthy living for most people is an option that only “sports people” get to enjoy. For most o...