Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

My prediction on health

Healthy living for most people is an option that only “sports people” get to enjoy. For most o...

Horn Free Day in Lagos!

Have you ever imagined a Horn-free Day in your city? Now imagine a horn-free day in a bustling meg...

Testimonies from survivors of Ebola in Sierra Leone - The Story of Ibr...

“I’m happy to see my dad”, says Ibrahim* in a radiant smile. “I’ve been waiting for this...

Testimonies from Survivors of Ebola in Sierra Leone - The Story of Taf...

Tafala* is sitting outside the ‘high-risk area’ of the Ebola Treatment Unit in Kenema, Eastern...

Stop the mourns Ebola!

-As you make steps further, menacing to engulf the human race pitilessly, we plead: Kindly spare u...

Handwashing: A Free Vaccine Against Out-breaking diseases.

Today, 15 October 2014, marks the Global Hand-washing Day. This marked events really helps educa...

International Day of the Girl Child

The “International Day of Girl Child” passed only a few days ago on 11th October with the them...

International Day of the Girl Child: #EndTheSilence

Today is the International Day of the Girl Child. Five months ago, nearly 300 Nigerian girls were...

THE SECRET OF STRONG AND HEALTHY TEETH

Have you ever talked near someone and they held their nostrils very tight or moved away and lookin...

Why going veggie really makes you healthier.

A couple of months ago I decide it was time for me to try a meat-free diet. I'll be honest I only lasted a week, but I made my target. Being accustomed to meat I thought it would be near impossible (ok, I exaggerated a bit) to stop eating it. But it wasn't. I managed it and surprisingl...