Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Your Health; Your Responsibility

The theme in the Seychelles for health is “your health, your responsibility.” The health care system in the Seychelles caters for access to health care for everyone. The largest proportion of the government’s budget is given to the Ministry of Health to cater for the health care of the...

Is smoking fair?

This week im doing something a bit different, I'm going to write a poem, I decided to write a poem...

Is it simple to keep healthy?

This week, dedicated to NCD (Non Communicable Diseases), every young man/woman should take a momen...

The NHS

Living in the UK, something I and many others take for granted is the National Health Service. A service that is provided free to all at the point of use. Admittedly it is the UK taxpayers money that funds the hospitals, but for your average person this means you do not have the worry of pay...

That's it!

First of all, congratulations for all of you. This article is for all the youth voices around the world! :) You are what you want to be! Nothing can stop you, scare and make you change your goals. Sometimes, you feel invincible and infinite. You have ideas and you make your own ide...

Child Marriage: What should YOU(th) do?

Nowadays Child Marriage which is commonly known as “বাল্যবিবাহ (Ballo Bibaho...

A heroine gone too soon

She signed the consent forms and went to the operating room not to save her own life but of someon...

What matters most to youth? Part 2

Have you had an experience that upended your views or enlightened your view concerning certain iss...

NCDs : How Trigeminal Neuralgia Took Over My Life

Have you ever heard of Trigeminal Neuralgia? It's very likely you haven't. "It is estimated th...

Photography for storytelling

I had the pleasure of attending an event organised by UNICEF Sri Lanka today. I did a photo-post e...