Fact Sheet

WHO estimates that 70% of premature deaths among adults are largely due to behaviors initiated during adolescence, including poor eating habits (WHO 2005. Ten facts about chronic diseases).

Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled. (WHO-2007)

Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for 15- to 24-year-olds, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, surpassed only by accidents and homicide. (CDC-2007)

Young people under 25 years constitute one-third of the more than a quarter of a million people infected with an STI each day (Blum and Nelson 2004; FHI 2009).

Collective Action for sustainable development

Leave no one behind… Village communities show the way towards an inclusive post-2015 framework....

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10624437_609855422469193_1273127250_n.jpg

Source: http://instagram.com/red?modal=true

When a movie gives you a motivation.

In a previous article, I wrote about AIDS, including three movies about AIDS, homosexuality and...

Inspiring profile: "Not everyone can do everything but everyone can do...

Hello Everyone! I´m pleased to introduce this inspiring profile, I hope you enjoy it and share yo...

Forgiving Terrorism

I grew up with a war. So did another 6 million Sri Lankan children of my generation. Just like mos...

What has recently marked me as an ambitious individual and as a young...

Bonjour! :) I have been quite busy physically, morally and psychologically with numerous events oc...

Fed Up

I recently watched a very interesting documentary film by the producer of An Inconvenient Truth ca...

What Do You Expect From Education?

Consistently you would espouse that this is the revolutionary time period of education as society...

CRC@25

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), is a treaty ratified by a almost a...

Rubbish Heaps in Industrial Areas in Solwezi

Waste management practices and proper disposal seem to be a challenge in Solwezi district of North...

Street Water Spraying Program in Solwezi

Solwezi is the capital city of the North-Western Province of Zambia. Due to recent mining and land...