Fact Sheet

In 2005, an estimated 1.4 billion people were living in extreme poverty (on less than 1 US dollar per day). (MDG Report, United Nations, 2010)

More than 30 per cent of children in developing countries – about 600 million – live on less than US $1 a day. (State of the World’s Children, UNICEF, 2005)

Every 3.6 seconds one person dies of starvation. Usually it is a child under the age of 5. (State of the World’s Children, UNICEF, 2005)

More than 1 billion children are severely deprived of at least one of the essential goods and services they require to survive, grow and develop. (State of the World’s Children, UNICEF, 2005)

Poverty contributes to malnutrition, which in turn is a contributing factor in over half of the under-five deaths in developing countries. Some 300 million children go to bed hungry every day. Of these only eight per cent are victims of famine or other emergency situations. More than 90 per cent are suffering long-term malnourishment and micronutrient deficiency. (State of the World’s Children, UNICEF, 2005)

Some 13 per cent of children ages 7 to 18 years in developing countries have never attended school. (State of the World’s Children, UNICEF, 2005)

In all developing regions, children in rural areas and children from poor households are more likely to be underweight due to lack of nutrition. (Progress for Children, UNICEF, 2010)

884 million people lack access to improved drinking water sources, and 84 per cent of them live in rural areas. (Progress for Children, UNICEF, 2010)

"We need jobs!"

Everyone is talking about the same thing and that is “youth unemployment”. Youth unemployment...

The Nature of Womanhood

I learnt from my "Women Weave the Web" page, how young ladies from Nigeria, Ethiopia, Japan and othe...

GIRLS -- RIGHTS and VALUES

Girls have rights -- like the right to Quality Education, Health Services, Good Food and Socioeconom...

Why Not Be A Feminist ?

The world is occupied by men and women who strive to attain a height. In my everyday life, i have tr...

Climate change: a shadow that covers all humanity. But can a hungry ch...

From my own observations, the majority of people in my country (Zambia) do not really connect with i...

"Poverty and Hunger" We don't want to see these words in 21st Century

In the 21st century where the world is moving to make their next home to the moon.. Why then,...

Is migration wrong?

Hello guys! I´d like to talk about something that’s been concerning to me very deeply ever sinc...

If I were a millionaire...

Imagine you could invest your money to help people, and end the global problems explained in all t...

Tourism great wonder

TOURISM My most interesting topic was absolutely tourism. It was the topic I enjoyed and caugh...

Series of Hunger VS TV series in Ramadan

Food is the dream of of some people and it's the least available thing for them. Some people wish...