Fact Sheet

The broadest assessment of this statement is the data on physical violence compiled by the Innocenti Research Centre for the UN Secretary-General’s Study on Violence against Children (2006), which led to an estimate of between 500 million and 1.5 billion children experiencing violence annually. (Progress for Children 2009)

86 per cent of children 2–14 years old experience physical punishment and/ or psychological aggression. Two out of three children are subject to physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

In 35 countries with available data, the percentage of mothers or caregivers who think physical punishment is necessary to raise a child is consistently lower than the percentage of children 2–14 years old who are actually subjected to such discipline. (Progress for Children 2009)

Data from 68 countries indicate that more than 50 per cent of girls and women 15–49 years old think that a husband is justified in hitting or beating his wife under certain circumstances. (Progress for Children 2009)

Children 15–17 years old in the worst forms of child labour, including hazardous work, or in household chores for 43 or more hours per week. (Progress for Children 2009)

The UN estimates the number of children associated with armed groups or armed forces at more than 250,000.28. (Progress for Children 2009)

83 per cent of children 2–14 years old experienced violent forms of discipline, and 60 per cent experienced physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

BLACK DAY IN PESHAWAR- A GLOBAL CONCERN

It was such a gory sight when at about 11am on 16th December 2014,a group of Taliban gunmen made t...

Today I speak !

Can you hear me thinking ? Because thinking is human. Can you see me existing ? Because my exist...

a mother's wish for child

in 2013 i become mother of a very cute baby boy. As he is growing up, i am getting so much worried...

Restoring the hope of slum children through education

Right in the heart of Korogocho slum,one of the largest slums in Nariobi,Kenya sits a small comple...

Reason behind terrorist mentality

If you look ,the reason behind terrorism always related to the religion.No one consider this main...

Ukraine: complicated and unstable situation in the ATO area

Weekly news digest (December 3 – 9) The situation in the ATO area remains complicated and...

Congratulations Malala! A young girl against Taliban.

Terrorism is hurting our world, it’s harming our children, and it’s killing us every day. Thou...

MELODY OF LIFE

Life is like a melodious song waiting to be played or sung; Be it an elegy, Be it a lullaby,...

UNITY IN DIVERSITY

In the world today, there are different races, individuals, mindsets and ideologies. This however, does not negate the fact that these 'different' individuals can come to a common ground to achieve a set goal. In times like these, when our globe is inevitably embroiled in civil unrest an...

Smiling faces as Ukrainian boys win OneMinutesJr award 2014

AMSTERDAM, 30 November 2014 - The winners of the OneMinutesJr 2014 were announced by UNICEF and th...