Fact Sheet

The broadest assessment of this statement is the data on physical violence compiled by the Innocenti Research Centre for the UN Secretary-General’s Study on Violence against Children (2006), which led to an estimate of between 500 million and 1.5 billion children experiencing violence annually. (Progress for Children 2009)

86 per cent of children 2–14 years old experience physical punishment and/ or psychological aggression. Two out of three children are subject to physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

In 35 countries with available data, the percentage of mothers or caregivers who think physical punishment is necessary to raise a child is consistently lower than the percentage of children 2–14 years old who are actually subjected to such discipline. (Progress for Children 2009)

Data from 68 countries indicate that more than 50 per cent of girls and women 15–49 years old think that a husband is justified in hitting or beating his wife under certain circumstances. (Progress for Children 2009)

Children 15–17 years old in the worst forms of child labour, including hazardous work, or in household chores for 43 or more hours per week. (Progress for Children 2009)

The UN estimates the number of children associated with armed groups or armed forces at more than 250,000.28. (Progress for Children 2009)

83 per cent of children 2–14 years old experienced violent forms of discipline, and 60 per cent experienced physical punishment. (Progress for Children 2009)

Bedrooms are Important

http://news.distractify.com/culture/childrens-bedrooms-across-the-world/ Recently, I saw somethi...

Who is to blame for Youth(s) Illegal Act ?

Many a time, I have tried to deduce the consequences of some arrogant notions displayed by most yout...

Show How You Can Make "Peace in the Streets"

Peace in the Streets Call for Submissions Make a 1-3 minute film on how you would make peace in...

Cyberbullying: all you need to know on VOY

In case you've missed them over the months, we have some great resources on cyberbullying and onli...

The intro to change

Earth is a planet of prosperity and knowledge. It's been around since the dawn of mankind, and now w...

"Hip Young and in Kabul"

*To fully experience the world of these young people, I encourage you to check out the full articl...

Is the right to education linked to age, freedom from abuse, or the du...

For how long does the right to education extend? Yashika Bageerathi is about to be deported. She...

What would you bring?

If you had to leave your house in a hurry what would you take with you? For two young girls from H...

Where do we start from?

If we can't stop the war, then maybe we can change a heart, and help those who need our aid. The wor...

The future of Ukraine is in people's hands

Ukraine has just suffered a civil revolution against former President Viktor Yanukovitx. 60% of th...