Bird's eye view

Flowers blooming in the morning sunlight
Have you ever observed how everything in nature does its job so effortlessly? The flowers don't push themselves to bloom, the birds don't force themselves to fly, the sun doesn't try hard to give sunlight. They effortlessly and naturally do so. We are a part of this nature too and this thus applies to us as well. So why do we bring the resistance of control, judgement and fear? Why do we not become effortless too? Why don't we embrace effortless being, which is our natural state of being. Think about it :)

There is something on our minds, unfailingly. If not that, something on the back of our minds, sitting latent or wending it's way in spirals. We scarcely ever question why it is so and eventually get accustomed to living in this manner.

Every "adverse" situation that we are experiencing in the present or something that took place in the past which is playing on a repeat mode in our minds or an anxious anticipation of something that hasn't even taken place, seems to us as the most prodigious calamity ever in the life of any human on earth. It is only when we take a bird's eye view, we cancel out the obliviousness we hold about the triviality of the issue. From this attitude (altitude, haha!) all seems fine and perfect the way it is. The way it was. The way it will all turn out to be.

On the grass-root level, what gets us to this bubbly effervescent anxious state of mind which swirls with fear and uncertainty is simply our expectation, judgement and the need to control what and how it all must be- how it must look like, how it would have been if I had done something differently or said something differently, how will it be in the future? What if it turns out right in the manner I most fear?... But my dear, the way it all turned out, all what you did, all what you said and everything that happened in the past happened exactly in the manner to bring you here, right where you are now.

The bird's eye view here enlightens us by letting us know there is absolutely no need to dwell in the past, nor the need to worry about the future. All that is, is this moment. And this moment, is perfect.
Bird's eye view teaches us to 'be'. Just 'be', effortlessly wherever we are, with whatever we have. In this place, we find the peace and contentment that we seek.

Here we find bliss.

Imagine a place where this bird's eye view state is your constant state of mind. Won't that be so peaceful? Won't that feel so light and happy and just, beautiful?
This is what I strive for, a constant state of being ___. No, not being something. Not being happy. Not being contented. Not being ambitious. Just being. Effortlessly, without forcing myself into a state happiness, contentment or ambition. In the state of just 'being' whatever comes to me is what I feel in that very moment. And this state of no control brings absolute freedom.
This is what I strive for.
Just being.

India