A Conclusion For Poverty

Clothes hang on a line outside a house.

Poverty has become a great issue in our world. Though many organizations have been created to find solutions for this matter nobody could not save our world completely from poverty. The most common fact which we can realize when we consider on information about poverty is that poverty is mostly occurring in developing countries.

Voices of Youth is UNICEF's community FOR YOUTH, BY YOUTH ✊✊?✊?✊?

Discover other stories from young voices around the world -and share yours! How?

Register in our web, follow us on Twitter or use the hashtag #VoicesOfYouth on your social media channels. Ready to speak up for the issues you care about?

What are the reasons caused for poverty mostly? According to the Borgen Project, reasons for poverty are History, War and Political instability, National Debts, Discrimination and social inequality and vulnerability to natural disasters. Poverty is the significant lack of money or poorness. Precise definitions of poverty are controversial; according to one definition, poverty is having so little money that one cannot pay for basic necessities, such as food and shelter. Sociologists study the effects of poverty as well as who lives in poverty and why. Many surveys have been done in order to calculate the accurate number of people who are suffering from the poverty. According to the Global Finance Magazine poorest countries in the world are Central African Republic, Congo, Dem.Rep, Malawi, Liberia, Burundi, Niger, Mozambique and Eritrea. There are many organizations such as CARE, Oxfam, ONE, The hunger Project working to stop poverty. Some of these are non-profit, strategic organizations committed to the sustainable end of poverty and world hunger.

The World Bank data has published data on absolute poverty for 1981 onward, but researchers have tried to reconstruct information of the living standards of the more distant past. The most cited paper was written by Bourguignon and Morrison in which the two authors reconstructed measures of poverty as far back as 1820. We can realize that the number of poor people in the present has decreased little than the numbers in early ‘90.

What are the effects of poverty for our world? Do you know that over 21,000 children die every day around the world due to illnesses, conflicts in the world and other different reasons? Most of these are caused by poverty.

As a young student, I would like to suggest some factors which would be helpful in our journey to reduce poverty. Basically we have to take necessary steps to reduce the population in our world. Natural resources don’t increase according to the population which is increasing at a high speed. When we consider the families in poor countries, they have at least six or seven kids. But those kids do not have a proper health or the parents cannot provide proper education for them. And also those parents cannot provide good foods filled with suitable nutrients to their kids due to lack of wealth. Because of that their healthiness decreases by a considerable amount. The development of their brains becomes insufficient and due to that their ability to get a proper education decreases.

So taking necessary steps to develop health and education sectors in these countries is a good way to reduce poverty. So firstly we have to develop services for pregnant women of those countries and provide them good foods filled with proper nutrients to keep the babies in good health. And then the kids will be in good health and their brains will be in a better condition to get a proper education. Developing the education sectors of those countries with the help of charity services and the governments of developed countries is also a good step to develop education systems in those countries. When we take a look at the situation of education in a number of African countries affected by poverty we see: language barriers; a lack of proper facilities; and military conflicts.

Increasing the number of organizations which are working to reduce poverty by educating people of developed countries to be organized and to take actions related to this matter is also another suggestion of mine. Encouraging people who have volunteered to provide facilities such as pure water, foods filled with nutrients, living places to poor people and who’re conducting charity services to develop the lives of them, by offering special rewards and admiring them in various ways would be a good way to increase the number of voluntary workers. So I believe my opinions and suggestions would be a good help to conclude poverty.