Culture for kids? No way!

A maestro leads an orchestra

In some countries, cultural events aren't for all age and gender groups. This might be considered a "normal action" but it's not. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) states that everybody has the right to freely take part in local culture, however, this seems an underestimate article. Children, all over the World, are being privatized of attending to concerts, shows, and other cultural events, whether it's because of their age or gender. It's more than proved that to these aren't excuses to exclude minors of local culture.

In Portugal, where I live, most concerts are only accessible to children older than six years, and cultural shows to over 12 years old. despite it's considered a respectful country of the UDHR (and, in general, it is). Only for this example it's possible to demonstrate how, in the middle of many others, the 27th article of the UDHR can easily be forgotten.

And then we ask how our children can appreciate culture... like in other situations, children can develop a strong interest for this subject if they are taught, since early age, to enjoy it, but such thing isn't possible everywhere. 

It's necessary to renovate cultural systems, in way to ensure everybody their right to take part in local culture, as the 27th article of the UDHR states. 

Culture is for everybody! Write in the comments how does your country applies the 27th article.

Portugal