MENTAL HEALTH - Something that is super important, and yet people are still afraid to talk openly about it.
I think most of us can agree that our daily lives may somewhat look like this:
Work: 9 - 5
We don't realize that most of our day goes into working non-stop. Endless meetings, deadlines, projects, etc. Work is important, yes, but NOT at the cost of your mindset. Burnout, anxiety, and stress are the result of constantly working and overworking ourselves. We are all humans. None of us are wired to stare at a screen for 8 or maximum 10 hours a day. We ALL need to prioritize ourselves first and make sure that we are leading a balanced life. I want everyone to know that it is COMPLETELY OKAY to take a break to re-energize yourself.
Here are a few ways you can do so:
- Take that much-needed vacation!!
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood
- Meditate for 10 minutes every day or practice yoga at least for 30 minutes a day.
- No work calls after working hours.
- Maintain a journal of your feelings if you don't want to talk to someone about it...it's completely okay.
These are just a few ways you could take a step back and live in the moment.
So, cheers to those breaks, taking care of our minds and living a happy life! :)