How to get involved with UNICEF through your communities (Part 1/3)

UNICEF USA's High School and Campus Initiatives

Hello Voices of Youth!

Did you know you are part of a global network of more than 180 countries? As members of Voices of Youth, we have a way to relay messages, dreams, conversations, and dialogues with peers around the world. 

In 1995, Voices of Youth began as way to relay messages from children in 81 countries to world leaders at the World Summit for Social Development. Today in 2019, it is so much more. Recently, I chatted with a delegate from UNICEF USA's National Council (the High School and Campus Initiative), who had no idea that this platform was available, connecting young people from around the world. How crazy is that?

As supporters of UNICEF, we have access to incredible resources at our fingertips, both virtual and local. In this short 3-part guide, I will provide a few action items that everyone can explore to get more involved with UNICEF in his or her community. Like you, I am just a regular citizen with an Internet connection, a passion for UNICEF's lifesaving work, and a commitment to join the cause.

Remember: There is nothing more powerful than a group of globally-minded citizens working together to advance a shared vision -- for children's rights, for sustainability, for positive change. And you have the power to do just that.

--

Daria Zhao is a former UNICEF Clubs Chair and a member of UNICEF's Next Generation. This is the first in a series of three posts on how to get more involved with UNICEF in your local communities. Tune in tomorrow for part two.

There is nothing more powerful than a group of globally-minded citizens working together to advance a shared vision. And you have the power to do just that.