I’m a Girl and My Best Friend Is a Boy

Eyad Al-Khayat (left), Yamana Zedan (Middle), Salam Al-Nukta (Right)

People will constantly assume you are dating. Simply, because you spend too much time together. During all events you always stick together. Your goals and future plans are synchronized. Obviously, you look like soulmates, so people feel that at least you should give it a chance.

Compared to any other type of friendship, there are spectacular moments you can’t have unless your best friend is a boy. So while having a boyfriend might come with romance, having a male best friend comes with undeniable awesomeness.

What makes this friendship strong and unbreakable is that, unlike a boyfriend, your male best friend won’t quit when things get tough. I guess this is exactly why the second “F” in “BFF” exists. Simply because it is: Forever. People will think you have known each other for years. They will never believe you when you tell them you just met on the street. It was like friendship at first sight.

A male best friend will genuinely love everything about your personality. All girls get moody at times, and cute at other times. Your male best friend will handle both personalities. He will figure out a way to let you enjoy even the worst moments, with a smile. Trust me on that - I talk from experience.

Because you are a girl and he is a boy, people will always make jokes about him being your bodyguard. They think it is a joke when actually, it is true. He will turn into a WWE fighter against anyone for you.

Having a male best friend is having an extra brother and a new family member. He won’t add any extra drama to your life. If you are inviting him over, it is not that big of a deal to meet your parents and sit down with your dad for a little chit-chat.

So no matter how other girls make you feel about yourself for being that kind of girl who is always with boys, don’t let it get to your head. Because no matter what you have to deal with, they are just the best friends on the planet.

Syrian Arab Republic