Inspiring words from the Pan-African Youth Forum

A quote graphic
Manara from Sudan was one of the winner's of the Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge. She and the rest of her team came up with the idea of an online platform to help displaced people in Sudan sell their handmade products internationally.

Last week, young people from across Africa gathered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, for the Pan-African Youth Forum, under the theme of "Africa Unite for Youth: Bridging the gap and Reaching African Youth".

The Forum was also the launch of the 1 Million by 2021 Initiative which aims to catalyse action for youth development in Africa, through providing one million young Africans with opportunities in the areas of Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Engagement (4E’s).

Check out what some of the participants had to say!

A quote graphic
A quote graphic
"Giving spaces to young people to express themselves is not enough to engage them. Adults should mentor, share decision making with youth, and involve the marginalized and excluded" - Rokhaya, Senegal
A quote graphic
A quote graphic
"Africa's Youth should not lose hope. By combining our efforts to give strong entrepreneurship opportunities, to the young who are crossing the Mediterranean ocean for a better life, we'll keep them in Africa and empower them to realize their dreams" - Cheikh, Senegal